Plan ahead with our practical ideas, and make your next pre-game party a real winner.
- Freeze bottled water to help keep cold foods cold. Be sure to pour out an inch or so of the water before you freeze, to keep the bottles from bursting.
- Don't forget one bag for trash and another for recyclables.
- Marinate in sealable freezer bags, remove meat and discard used marinade.
- Use a food thermometer to be certain meat and poultry reach a safe internal temperature, to kill harmful bacteria.
- Keep raw meats and their juices separate from foods that will not be cooked.
- Store food in the cooler until it’s time to eat, then put it back in the cooler when you’re done.