Grill prep, quick & easy edibles, and the secrets to tastier seafood.PREPARATION
QUICK & EASY EDIBLES
- For better-tasting food, clean grill grates and inside of lid regularly. Remove coals and liquids accumulated from prior cooking
- To avoid sticking, wipe grill grates with vegetable oil before grilling
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 15 minutes before using to prevent them from burning
- Keep a meat thermometer handy at the grill. It takes the guesswork out of cooking, and ensures that meat is cooked to a safe internal temperature
- Avoid flare-ups and charring by using lean meats and trimming away visible fat
- If food is cooking too quickly or flames are erupting, spread out charcoal or turn down flames. Keep a spritz bottle of water handy to put out flare-ups.
- Marinate in sealable freezer bags for easy cleanup. When ready to cook, remove the meat and discard both the bag and used marinade
- Food cooked in foil packages makes cleanup easier. Remember to stock up on foil before your barbecue
- Mix your favorite LAWRY’S® Marinade into mayonnaise as a seasoned spread for burger buns. Or brush Marinade directly onto buns, and then grill lightly before assembling burgers
- Move over lettuce and tomatoes! Grilled vegetables like onions, portabella mushrooms, bell peppers and zucchini are great burger toppers. Place chopped vegetables in a resealable bag and shake with Olive Oil and LAWRY’S® Seasoned Salt. Remove veggies from bag and grill until just slightly charred. Top burgers as desired
- Slice potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices. In a large resealable plastic bag, shake potatoes with Olive Oil and LAWRY’S® Garlic Salt to thoroughly coat. Grill until done.
- Grill fresh fruit skewers of banana, papaya, kiwi and pineapple chunks marinated in Caribbean Jerk Marinade. Add chicken or shrimp to the skewers to make a great entrée!
- Spice up grilled fish or chicken with an easy salsa: combine two Tbsp. Teriyaki or Hawaiian Marinade with pineapple, onion, cilantro, red bell pepper and jalapenos and let stand. Serve on top of entrée or on the side
- Spread margarine or butter onto a halved loaf of French bread. Sprinkle with Garlic Powder with Parsley or Garlic Salt; grill until golden brown
- Grill canned pineapple rings and baste with Baja Chipotle Marinade or Teriyaki Marinade
Slice a variety of vegetables (such as bell peppers, eggplant, red onion, zucchini). Toss with Garlic Salt or LAWRY’S® Seasoned Salt and Olive Oil; grill
- Cut plum tomatoes in half, brush with Olive Oil and season with Garlic Salt or Lemon Pepper; grill cut-side down
- Grill corn on the cob with butter and Garlic Salt; squirt with fresh lime juice
Grill asparagus or portabella mushrooms brushed with Olive Oil and sprinkled with Lemon Pepper or Garlic Salt
- When grilling chicken, add extra breasts to the grill to use later in salads, pastas or sandwiches